The paranormal news is starting to flow this week, largely because we're getting closer to Halloween and all things pumpkin-spice themed. Make fun all you like, I love pumpkin-spiced... everything.
Anyway, here we go!
1) In divorce court, husband claims wife disappears and reappears using witchcraft. If only I had that skill...
2) Riga Hayworth and I are curious about all things wine and all things Halloween, but Hallowine? I'm usually a sucker for a good wine marketing gimmicks, but I'm suspicious of this one. Still, if I lived in Wisconsin, where the wine is made, I'd try it.
3) Louise Brealey, who plays the coroner in Sherlock, is joining A Discovery of Witches.
4) Colleges have already begun their school year, and some students are headed back to... haunted dorms. It's a thing.
5) When you're writing a story dealing with magic or the paranormal, it pays to figure out how your story world works. (I confess, I don't always figure out the details up front when I'm writing, but I generally have some idea). Anyway, here's the philosophy behind the X-Files. The truth is out there, folks.
P.S., I've got an ad in this quarter's witch-themed Faerie Magazine. Check it out below!
About the Author
Kirsten Weiss writes genre-blending cozy mystery, supernatural and steampunk suspense, mixing her experiences and imagination to create a vivid world of magic and mayhem. She co-teaches the Everyday Magic course, based on the magic of her Riga Hayworth series, on Teachable. If you’d like updates on sales and her latest books, follow her on Bookbub!