Welcome to your weekly dose of paranormal news from the San Benedetto Paranormal Museum!
1) Billy Corgan, frontman for the Smashing Pumpkins, believes in spirits. He even claims to have once saw something shapeshift. Since roughly half of Americans believe in ghosts, this puts him in good company (see infographic, below).
2) Has Bigfoot moved to Fresno, California? A Fresno farmer claims he spotted an entire family in the area. Maybe the Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) are escaping the fires ravaging the northern hills...
3) Ghostwatch, the biggest Halloween TV hoax of all time (that I now must find on DVD...) Thanks, BBC!
4) Tarot readings banned in Richlands, Virginia! A local shop was stopped from providing tarot readings to customers -- not because there's a law against it -- but because there's no zoning permit for tarot readings. Hm... It used to be in America that if something wasn't explicitly illegal, it was legal, so this seems like a bogus excuse.
5) Is the hotel that inspired The Shining really haunted by two creepy girl ghosts? Yeesh.
About the Author
Maddie Kosloski is the (fictional) curator of San Benedetto's paranormal museum. Get more paranormal goodness the The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum!