The holiday season has arrived, and millions are celebrating by buying my new Doyle Witch Cozy Mystery series. Or at least, that's my fantasy. Does this break from reality count as paranormal?
No matter -- onward to the paranormal news of the week!
1) My father grew up in Pennsylvania Dutch country, where they had their own version of the Germanic Christmas demon, Krampus, called Belsnickel. So it always makes me smile when I see the Krampus tradition continuing with festivals in the US like this one.
2) Looking for that perfect holiday gift for your friend in New York City? The Ghost Doctors are leading holiday ghost hunts in NYC tourist icons such as Grand Central Station, Central Park, and even the MOMA.
3) And if you're putting on some winter weight (ahem), there's a witch for that! A white witch in England claims her spells helped her lose weight, and now she's helping others.
I can't think of a way to put a holiday spin on these next stories, but they're worth it, so bear with me...
4) National Geographic explores why placebos work, witch doctors, and more in this fascinating article.
5) And the New York Times magazine explores the growing popularity of "practical magic."
Bonus! And a Wizard of Oz reboot, Emerald City!
About the Author
Kirsten Weiss writes genre-blending cozy mystery, urban fantasy, and steampunk suspense, mixing her experiences and imagination to create a vivid world of magic and mayhem.