Here we go again...
1) Couple trying to ward off evil spirits with candles set fire to apartment. Whoops. Actually, a friend of mine did this - not trying to ward off spirits - but she had a candle too near a fabric wall hanging, stepped away for a minute, and when she came back, her entire wall was on fire. Careful with that candle magic everyone...
2) The solar eclipse is coming, and so are the Lizardmen!!! Maybe. South Carolina is one of the parts of the US in the path of totality for the upcoming eclipse, and there's been a massive surge in tourism. The South Carolina Emergency Management Division sent out a tongue-in-cheek Twitter alert about possible hazards:
Nice to see a government agency with a sense of humor!
3) This sounds like the beginning of a supernatural suspense novel, but apparently it's real. I'll quote from the headline, because it's too good not to: "Historians who unearthed 17th century witch hunter's torture kit are hunting the secret fortune of a sinister bishop who put thousands of women to death during his reign of terror in Germany." Yeah.
4) This guy wants a haunted doll to attack him. (For those wondering how writers get their ideas, here's a good example. I'm seeing Maddie in my paranormal museum series getting seriously annoyed by a guy who won't leave her creepy doll collection alone. It could work.
5) Did this UFO investigator capture UFOs over crop circles in southwest England?
About the Author
Kirsten Weiss writes genre-blending cozy mystery, supernatural and steampunk suspense, mixing her experiences and imagination to create a vivid world of magic and mayhem. If you’d like updates on sales and her latest books, follow her on Bookbub!