--By Hyperion Night, of Beanblossom's Tea and Tarot
Though the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot deck is my go-to when reading for clients (and the deck upon which I based my upcoming book, The Mysteries of Tarot: A Work of the Imagination). I can't ignore the Marseille Tarot deck. Here are seven reasons why:
1) The Marseille Tarot is one of the oldest and most well-known Tarot decks around. This deck has been used by Tarot readers for centuries and its roots can be traced all the way back to the city of Marseille, France in the 1700s. Its design is clean, simple, and straightforward, making it a popular choice for Tarot enthusiasts and professionals alike. If you're looking for a Tarot deck that is both elegant and easy to understand, the Marseille Tarot is definitely worth checking out!
2) The Marseille Tarot was heavily influenced by the Renaissance and its fascination with the occult. The deck's imagery and symbols are thought to have been inspired by ancient Greek philosophy, as well as medieval European alchemy and astrology. The symbols and imagery in the Marseille Tarot are rich with meaning and history, and they have been used by Tarot readers for centuries to help their clients gain insight and guidance into their lives.
Whether you're seeking answers about love, career, or personal growth, a Marseille Tarot reading can be incredibly powerful.
3) The Marseille Tarot is known for its clean, simple and straightforward design. This is what sets it apart from other Tarot decks, which can sometimes be overly ornate and difficult to understand. The Marseille Tarot is designed to be easily accessible to Tarot readers and clients alike, making it a popular choice for both beginners and experienced Tarot enthusiasts. If you're looking for a Tarot deck that is both beautiful and functional, the Marseille Tarot is definitely worth considering!
4) The Marseille Tarot is often used by professional Tarot readers to help their clients gain insight and guidance into their lives. Whether you're seeking answers about love, career, or personal growth, a Marseille Tarot reading can be incredibly powerful.
5) The Marseille Tarot has a rich cultural history that is steeped in symbolism and mystery. From its early origins in medieval Europe to its widespread use today, the Marseille Tarot has captured the imagination of people for generations.
6) The Marseille Tarot is often considered to be the "original" Tarot deck, and the prototype for all other Tarot decks that followed.
7) The Marseille Tarot has been used for divination for centuries, and is still one of the most popular Tarot decks used for this purpose today. The deck is so popular and well-regarded that it's been reproduced by many different publishers over the years. From hand-painted antique decks to mass-produced reproductions, there's a Marseille Tarot deck for everyone!
The hardback version of The Mysteries of Tarot: A Work of the Imagination, is available for pre-order on Barnes & Noble!